Creative, devoted to my craft, and happy that I am still behind the salon chair
my passion is
- To be consistent. Greatness is defined by continuing to evolve.
- Transition to the next level. What am I doing next?
- Step outside the norm. Be willing to try new things.
- Play my strengths and know what I am good at.
- Be present.
- Surround myself with great people. Work with people who are much smarter than you are. The only way to get better is to play with those who can teach you. This is why I came to the Lounge.
- Pursue my goals. I have always wanted to return to Vancouver. Here I am. More goals to make now.
- Create great experiences. You can do great work but people will always remember how they felt when they step away from my chair.
- Master my craft. Wake up every day wanting to be better at the end of it.
this is me
Outstanding care and customer service!
Outstanding care and customer service! Mervin was incredibly informative, detail oriented and did an excellent job of my color and cut! He took the time to educate me on how to maintain my style and care for my hair. The best part was the healing and therapeutic head massage!
first time going to lounge hair studio and I absolutely loved it,
It was my first time going to lounge hair studio and I absolutely loved it, my hairstylist was Mervin. HE IS THE BEST! He was friendly and professional. He understood what I wanted and did such an amazing job. He is also funny and I just had a great time speaking to him. I absolutely loved the haircut, very pleased with the results. Thank you Mervin.
I thoroughly enjoyed my visit and love the outcome
I received a spiral perm from Mervin! He was educational about what to expect and how to style to improve longevity! I thoroughly enjoyed my visit and love the outcome he was able to provide me!
Mervin is professional, knowledgable, and his passion for his work
I had a great time at The Lounge visiting with Mervin while he fixed up my semi-neglected quarantine hair with a fresh cut an colour. Mervin is professional, knowledgable, and his passion for his work really shows. He shared some great styling tips with me that I had never been shown/told about before. I wish I could get out more to show off my fresh look.
AMAZING SERVICE!! I looveee my hair, Mervin did sooo well
AMAZING SERVICE!! I looveee my hair, Mervin did sooo well, very nice and entertaining. Everyone is so nice, the environment is very clean and sanitized. Would recommend!!
never been disappointed
Mervin is a consummate hair stylist.He is always professional, respectful, and fun. I have known him for over 20 years, and have never been disappointed by a styling session with him. Mervin takes time to get to know his clients. Working with you; while using his training and experience, to create the BEST cut and colour. This stylist will change the way you look. And, he will change the way you view yourself. It's a good thing!
a wiz behind the chair and a great human too!!
If you’re looking for a new hairstylist Mervin is the one for you! He is a wiz behind the chair and a great human too!! Going to Merv you will not regret, a trim? Haircut? dye job? Or style you’ve been wanting to get? Mervin is the one to get the job done. I always feel amazing after a visit with this guy. He will be sure to make you feel comfortable and chill while cracking some jokes too! Seriously... book with him now! You won’t ever look back!
enjoyed the experience immensely because he is so professional and skilled
I was a faithful Mervin client for years in Whitehorse - I always enjoyed the experience immensely because he is so professional and skilled...and so fun! He is a genius with colour, particularly as my "Arctic Blonde" (grey!) became more prominent. And his cuts are terrific, especially for someone like me who doesn't want to spend significant daily time on my hair. I'm sure that his new clients will be delighted!
Don’t keep me a secret…
Your referral is my best compliment!
DOUBLE Loyalty Reward Points for your recommendation
DOUBLE Rewards for New Clients
The Lounge Virtual Consultation
- Trying to decide what services you would like at The Lounge?
- Trying to decide what products will work best for your hair?
- Need help with the hair tools you bought?
- Want some advice on how to make the most of your hair?
- Trying to decide if The Lounge is the salon for you?
- Trying to decide if Mervin is the stylist for you?
- Prefer the comfort of your home?
Purchase a virtual Consultation
Walk-in and same day bookings are welcome.
For online bookings:
- Same day ONLINE appointments must be booked 4 hours in advance.
- You cannot change or cancel appointments online – Please call 604-602-7688
- Can’t find an online appointment or the service you would like is not showing? Please call as not all services can be booked on-line.
Japanese Straightening, Perms and Extensions require an in-person consultation and 50% deposit
48 hour cancellation policy in effect
- $100 deposit required for services longer than 3 hour.
- $50 deposit may be requested for services under 3 hours for new client appointments booked online
- 50% deposit required for extensions, Japanese Straightening or high ticket services
- Deposits can be made here or emailed to email@example.com. You will receive a call to obtain deposit if not provided.
In paying your deposit, include service and stylist in the “DEPOSIT FOR” area.