The Lounge Hair Studio has been a proud part of the Yaletown, Vancouver community since 1997.
We remain proud and committed to ensure the safety and wellbeing of our clients, our team and our community. The implementation of the following, increased standards and protocols, are intended to protect you, our team, each of our families and our community, and are subject to change. Although we realize the experience you are accustomed to at The Lounge will change, we will do our best to make your visit as comfortable as possible.
Although the mask wearing order is cancelled as of July 01, in order to continue to protect our most vulnerable and staff members who are immunosuppressed, we will continue with our Covid-19 Protocols with a few minor changes. Our next Covid-19 Protocol meetings are schedule for July 08 and September 08. Stay tuned for updates.
Social distancing practices will include no hand-shaking or hugging, increased salon hours to limit the number of people in the salon at any one time ensuring that all stations in use are at least 2 meters apart. Physical barriers will be used where social distancing practices are not possible and services will be by appointment only.
For individuals, or those taking care of individuals, who are immunosuppressed
- We recommend booking from 10 to 11am.
- We reserve the right to not blow-dry hair during this time
- If those hours will not work for you, please make arrangements directly with your stylist
- Most importantly, we care for each and everyone that attends the salon, their family and circle of friends. If you do have health concerns and are uncomfortable to attend The Lounge, please take Dr Bonnie Henry’s advice and wait to see us when you are professionally advised to do so.
In response to the increased cost to purchase and dispose of PPe and sanitation, we will increase our Environmental fee from $2 to $4 and all other costs remain the same.
What to expect before and During your visit
You will be required to
- submit a Covid Questionnaire and confirm you remain in good health for each appointment at the time you book your appointment.
- sanitize your hands upon entering and leaving the salon and upon returning from the washroom
- been re-certified in infection control by BARBICIDE®
- revisited disinfection and sterilization standards for the Beauty Safe Certification program. Select team members have been certified for in-salon training
- ongoing discussions and training to improve our understanding and awareness of the Covid-19 virus to reduce it’s transmission
- installed recommended physical barriers and hand sanitizer stations, purchased new capes, face shields and masks for staff and clients (if you don’t have your own, we have them available at $1.50), new gloves, sanitizers, and disinfectants recommended for Covid-19
- at a minimum, follow all social distancing protocols outlined BC Health Ministry and cleaning and sanitation standards outlined by the BC Beauty Association
- stay at home if they or anyone they are in contact with becomes sick
- arrive at work straight from home in clean, tight fitting clothes or bring a change of clothes if stops are made along the way, sanitize upon arrival, as per current BC Health Authority standards
- wear a mask at all times
- sanitize all work stations, tools and capes
- wash and sanitize their hands between clients and wear gloves for application of colour only
- follow strict personal hygiene standards while at work, between clients and with tools. And revisit social distancing standards on a monthly basis at minimum
preparing for your visit,
you will be required to
- bring a 3-ply medical mask that secures around your ears, not the back of your head
- attend the salon alone, leave your friends, family and pets at home
- wear clean clothes
- leave any personal belongings at home, no extra bags or food. You may bring 1 bottled water and take it with you when you leave.
- wait outside the locked salon until your appointment begins (or within 5 minutes)
- we will provide you with a freshly washed cape.
For all Services
- We will
- be wearing a 3-ply medical mask
- clean and disinfect all tools before each use
- clean and sanitize our hands before each service
- ask that you do not touch the hair care inventory. We will be happy to get any for you or order product from our online store and we will have it ready for you during your visit
- We will not offer
- coffee, tea, water or wine
- magazines or books
- our charging station to charge your devices
- a gown – please wear clean clothes that you are comfortable having any service in; cut, colour etc
Cut and or Colour Services
- We will:
- shampoo your hair
- reduce conversation when getting a shampoo
If your hair needs a colour correction, our regular hourly rate is $100. Please call to discuss.
If you are doing a full head bleach-out (not a colour or highlight). Do not wash your hair for 2 days. Not sure what that is – wash your hair. 🙂
Keratin treatments, Japanese STraightening, Perms and Extensions
A $100 minimum deposit will be required and can be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org. You will receive a call to obtain deposit if not provided.
For services in excess of 3 hours – you may order food delivery from a reputable service provider.
after your appointment
- we will accept debit, credit and eTransfers for payment.
- eTransfer to email@example.com – registered for auto-deposit
- will not accept cash