Japanese Straightening – Beata
LOUNGE HAIR STUDIO
licensed EXPERTs in a Downtown Vancouver Hair Salon
Award winning hairstylists to meet every expectation; from alternative personalities to professional looks and everything in between. Our licensed stylists have varied passions and range in experience from 2 to 40 years to match any style and budget. Services prices are dependent on the experience and tenure of our stylists.
Lounge Hair Studio – Exceptional Hair Salon since 1997
Conveniently located in Yaletown, Downtown, Vancouver.
Beata is a personal trainer, works out daily and an international bikini competitor. During the consultation she advised that she dislikes her hair texture. Her hair is fine and very frizzy with strong curls around nape, behind ears and around her face. Beata tried everything but a Japanese Straightening.
It was decided to try something completely new for her!
Mari chose two SHISEIDO Crystallizing Formulas.
- Straight/Normal Formula in most areas
- Resistant Formula in the strong curl areas
For styling, Beata’s hair can become heavy, so something light is important and Mari chose EL Smoothing Creme ( or KM Ever.Smooth) on gently blow dried hair with medium heat! No need to use max heat after a Japanese Straightening.
Flat iron the ends only with low heat to create this smooth look.
Since her hair is now permanently straightened, her morning routine is much easier. Beata says she doesn’t have to do anything and she can now use a large curling iron!
Mari recommends sulfate-free products to prevent stripping the hair and help the service last longer; Electric London Hydrate Shampoo or Conditioner or Colour Protect Shampoo and Conditioners, JOICO Smoothing Shampoo and Conditioner and KM Hydrate.me, SmoothAgain or Repair.me Wash and Rinse.
Your hair doesn’t require too much prep work so you can focus on styling your hair. Use hot styling tools to curl or flat iron your hair!
Most common mistakes that we make are:
- People think it is still ok to use shampoo and conditioners with sulfates. If your hair is below the chin, you may have invested over 2 -3 years into it. Now with a Japanese Straightening, the products you choose should be a priority. A high moisturizing conditioner and sulfate-free.
- High heat! Do not need it. Medium heat is enough with a smoothing cream or if you have fine hair, a leave in conditioner.
$100 deposit required for services requiring longer than 3 hours
For appointments booked online you will receive a call to obtain the deposit where required.
We have a 48 hour cancellation policy in effect.
To Book On-Line
- Click on the links below to be directed to our OnLine Booking (OLB) Engine or Tips on how to use OLB
- Can’t find an appointment? Please call… we can probably SQUEEZE you in
- Not all services are available on-line – call 604-602-7688
- Same day appointments must be booked 4 hours in advance.
You cannot change or cancel appointments online – please call
Vancouvers Premier Hair Salon
Tag #loungehairyvr to be featured!