Japanese Straightening – Beata
LOUNGE HAIR STUDIO
licensed EXPERTs in a Downtown Vancouver Hair Salon
Award winning hairstylists to meet every expectation; from alternative personalities to professional looks and everything in between. Our licensed stylists have varied passions and range in experience from 2 to 40 years to match any style and budget. Services prices are dependent on the experience and tenure of our stylists.
Lounge Hair Studio – Exceptional Hair Salon since 1997
Conveniently located in Yaletown, Downtown, Vancouver.
Beata is a personal trainer, works out daily and an international bikini competitor. During the consultation she advised that she dislikes her hair texture. Her hair is fine and very frizzy with strong curls around nape, behind ears and around her face. Beata tried everything but a Japanese Straightening.
It was decided to try something completely new for her!
Mari chose two SHISEIDO Crystallizing Formulas.
- Straight/Normal Formula in most areas
- Resistant Formula in the strong curl areas
For styling, Beata’s hair can become heavy, so something light is important and Mari chose EL Smoothing Creme ( or KM Ever.Smooth) on gently blow dried hair with medium heat! No need to use max heat after a Japanese Straightening.
Flat iron the ends only with low heat to create this smooth look.
Since her hair is now permanently straightened, her morning routine is much easier. Beata says she doesn’t have to do anything and she can now use a large curling iron!
Mari recommends sulfate-free products to prevent stripping the hair and help the service last longer; Electric London Hydrate Shampoo or Conditioner or Colour Protect Shampoo and Conditioners, Oligo Moisture Balance Cleanser and Conditioner and KM Hydrate.me, SmoothAgain or Repair.me Wash and Rinse.
Your hair doesn’t require too much prep work so you can focus on styling your hair. Use hot styling tools to curl or flat iron your hair!
Most common mistakes that we make are:
- People think it is still ok to use shampoo and conditioners with sulfates. If your hair is below the chin, you may have invested over 2 -3 years into it. Now with a Japanese Straightening, the products you choose should be a priority. A high moisturizing conditioner and sulfate-free.
- High heat! Do not need it. Medium heat is enough with a smoothing cream or if you have fine hair, a leave in conditioner.
We have complete confidence in our ability to delight our guests, which is why we provide complimentary consultations and offer a 100% 7 Day Risk-Free Guarantee with all our services to put your mind at ease.
You deserve to be happy with the services you receive at The Lounge. In the unlikely event you are not completely satisfied with the results, please tell us so we may make it right. Not only will we graciously re-do it for FREE, but if you require, we will credit your account with the equal value of the service so you may ask to be with ANY SERVICE PROVIDER of your choice for the re-do.
Service prices vary for if you have exceptionally thick or long hair. Although we can estimate a price over the phone, we only guarantee the price when you visit for your service or during a complimentary consultation.
Contact us BEFORE BOOKING or book a consultation if you have any questions.
Don’t keep us a secret…
Your referral is our best compliment!
Walk-in and same day bookings are welcome.
For online bookings:
- Same day ONLINE appointments must be booked 2 hours in advance.
- You cannot change or cancel appointments online – Please call 604-602-7688
- Can’t find an online appointment or the service you would like is not showing? Please call as not all services can be booked on-line.
Japanese Straightening, Perms and Extensions require an in-person consultation and 50% deposit
48 hour cancellation policy in effect
- $100 deposit required for services longer than 3 hour.
- $50 deposit may be requested for services under 3 hours for new client appointments booked online
- 50% deposit required for extensions, Japanese Straightening or high ticket services
- Deposits can be made here or emailed to email@example.com. You will receive a call to obtain deposit if not provided.
In paying your deposit, include service and stylist in the “DEPOSIT FOR” area.