perm hair salon FOR MEN in vancouver
THE HISTORY OF THE PERM
The permanent, or perm, is a chemical treatment that adds permanent waves or curls to the hair.
The first hints of the perm came up in the late 1800s and early 1900s. As the process developed, stylists experimented with all sorts of unusual ingredients… even cow urine! Thankfully, the perm developed and moved on from those early ingredients. By the 1930s, perms proper were invented. Then, however, the process took over six hours!
The most recent perm boom happened in the 1970s and ‘80s. The height of style was afros and aviators! But men of all ages used perms to add texture and curl to their hair. Then, as quickly as the perm came into fashion, it went out. And we mean OUT! Suddenly, getting a perm was deemed dated.
By the time we opened Lounge Hair Studio, very few people were getting perms in Vancouver. In fact, perms were seen as so unfashionable that the word was basically banned in salons! Just mentioning it could send clients running.
At The Lounge
Perms & Texture
from our team
WHY EVERYONE’S GETTING PERMS IN VANCOUVER…
Now, people are realizing the power of the perm in Vancouver. A perm adds texture, body and movement to the hair. At the same time, it doesn’t create frizz or unruly hair. That means your look will be chic and low maintenance! No wonder perms are considered an ideal process for anyone with flat hair, as well as those looking for a gorgeous new style!
So what would one of these modern perms look like? Back in 2019 perms began to make way back into salons. In fact, men took the lead when it came to adding texture to the pompadour, or for the more daring, men went for a full on fro! We could not be happier to see the sleek barbershop trends making way for the more relaxed textured looks that a good perm can give.
Don’t keep us a secret…
Your referral is our best compliment!
Our services include a complimentary consultation and our work is guaranteed for 7 days.. Service prices vary for if you have exceptionally thick or long hair. Although we can estimate a price over the phone, we only guarantee the price when you visit for your service or during a complimentary consultation.
Contact us BEFORE BOOKING or book a consultation if you have any questions.
48 hour cancellation policy in effect
Walk-in and same day bookings are welcome.
For online bookings:
- Same day ONLINE appointments must be booked 4 hours in advance.
- You cannot change or cancel appointments online – Please call 604-602-7688
- Can’t find an online appointment or the service you would like is not showing? Please call as not all services can be booked on-line.
Japanese Straightening, Perms and Extensions require an in-person consultation and 50% deposit
- $100 deposit required for services longer than 3 hour.
- $50 deposit may be requested for services under 3 hours for new client appointments booked online
- 50% deposit required for extensions, Japanese Straightening or high ticket services
- Deposits can be made here or emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org. You will receive a call to obtain deposit if not provided.
In paying your deposit, include service and stylist in the “DEPOSIT FOR” area.